9/13/2011

Fika paus

In sweden we have like a special time for a little break with cookies and (often) a coffee. We call it "Fika". Depends on family to family there are different "rules".

Some have special cookies, and a special order you eat them in. Some even just have one cookie. Fika is also different impotent, some just have it once a week while some has it once a day. It even changes depending on how the daily life look.

For old people it's more impotent whit the same rules.

In my family you have to eat the most bread looking cookie first, then you can eat which cookie you want. Tho, are there cake, you have to eat at least 4/5 cookies before the cake. It's just because, if you leave something, your telling the one that gave you the cookies "I didn’t like it" even if your just stuffed but wants’ to try a small peace of cake. Often in my family, we make the cookies, so really impotent to not be impolite.

Home made cookies are really a "love" sign. People who actually don't have time, spend hoers to make cookies for there family or friends. That's even why some gets a bit upset when they notice the person who gave them "fika" haven't made the cookies. Tho, also most common with the old ones. The daily life makes it hard to even get a break with cookies.

To drink it's most common to have coffee, that’s why some even have start to say "coffee break". Tho "coffee break" doesn’t always include cookies. Kids often drink "Saft", a sweet drink often with flavour as blueberry, strawberry, elders, stuff you can make yourself in sweeden. I love when grandma and mom makes with elders, even my little sister has now started to make her own "saft".


So right now I sitting with my Coffee and a chocolate corner and thinking about tomorrow. The school give students a change to move to the school in Nagano with no extra cost, so tomorrow is a free school trip for the ones who wants to see the school. Nagano is a much smaller town then Tokyo. A country side of japan. I really feel that it would be good to move, it would be a calmer place to study in, and I don't want to be stuck in Tokyo. I want to study in a comic school in Tokyo later, but I want to see more then just Tokyo. I have seen Kyoto and Osaka, and I saw so much I can't see at the same way in Tokyo. I love Tokyo, but I hate to be stuck at the same place right now.

But will see tomorrow if I go, maby i change my mind when i see the school. There are so many things I will miss in Tokyo if i go. Many friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment